Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'll be in the beads!

Every time I go to Ikea, I always say to the person I'm with..."I'll be in the balls!" It looks like so much fun, but then reality sets in and I think "actually, I'll pass!" With all of the children in there comes flu, cold, and dirty germs, wet pants from accidents, and probably the occasional splash of vomit! Mmmm! Delightful!
As a jewellery maker I dream about being trapped inside a bead store and unable to get out, or going to the washroom one minutes before close and not making it out in time and they shut the store and everyone is gone...BUT ME! I even dream about being the owner of a Michaels andjust dancing around the aisles. Talk about a great craft room with amazing storage ;)
If I oowned a bead store I would make a bead pit where all of the loose beads were put into...well...a big pit and women and men could go in there and dive in the beads and lie in the beads but mainly pick out the beads they wanted while having some fun. It would only be open to adults who had no bladder or bowel control issues, and were screened for illnesses before going in and had to sanitize their hands first. Also if you were queasy or had just eaten a big meal there would be a wait period until you got the go ahead to enter.
Maybe one day I'll open up a store like that and have my family work there if they wish, especially @Lauren Smith or @Alina Smith and you can bet there will be a bead pit! The best part will be the free gift youll get if someone hears you say, "I'll be in the beads!"

No comments :

Post a Comment